A great smile is a foundation for self-confidence and connecting with others. If troubles with your teeth are holding you back, Whitmore Dental’s restorative dentistry services can help you to return to dental health.
The goal of restorative dentistry is to restore the health of your mouth, so that your teeth are healthy, attractive and functioning well. Dr. Marcus Whitmore has received advanced training and continuing education in restorative dentistry.
What to expect
Our caring team will spend time with you to fully assess your dental health and talk with you about your options for treatment.
Restorative dentistry options
- Fillings are the best-known type of dental restoration. While some patients choose gold or silver amalgam fillings, we also offer fillings that blend with the color of your teeth. These tooth-colored fillings are made of composite resins, plastic materials that actually bond to your remaining tooth structure and make it stronger.
- Crowns are tooth-shaped caps that fit completely over individual teeth. A crown restores a tooth’s shape, size, strength and appearance, and are often used when a tooth requires a very large filling, or is cracked or worn-down. Crowns are available in a variety of materials.
- Bridges, also known as partial dentures, actually bridge the gap when teeth are missing. A bridge typically includes crowns on either side, and one or more dentures in the middle. A bridge blends in with your existing teeth, and makes speaking and chewing feel much better.
- Implants actually replace the tooth root. A dental implant includes a small metal post that fits into the jaw bone. Each post is covered with a crown, so the overall implant looks like a living tooth. When many teeth have been lost or cannot be saved, bridges and implants can be combined as an alternative to dentures.
- Dentures are another solution when many teeth are missing or need to be removed. Whitmore Dental offers several options for dentures, including New Face dentures, which sit on top of the jawbone (the alveolar bone), providing a more natural and flattering fit than traditional dentures.
Whatever the level of dentistry needed, our team will be ready to guide you through your dental care and restore the health of your mouth and smile. To learn more, call Dee Dee and Janet today at 877-779-4486 to schedule your visit.